Minimarg is a village in the Neelum District of the Pakistan-administered Azad Kashmir. It is situated on the right bank of the Kishenganga River north of Taobat, approx. 190 km from the city of Gilgit. The average elevation is 2,844.6 meter above the sea level. Army camps reside here.
During the First Kashmir War in 1947–1948, a wing of the combined Gilgit Scouts and renegade 6th Infantry of the Jammu and Kashmir (princely state) State Forces, called the ‘Tiger Force’, took control of Minimarg. They reached as far south as Bandipora in April 1948, but withdrew to Minimarg after the Indian Army’s Operation Eraze. During the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, the Indian Border Security Force reached Minimarg, but pulled back to a point 3 km south of it due to overreach. The present Line of Control dividing the two parts of Kashmir runs here.